Senior Infrastructure Architect
£90,000 - £95,000 plus benefits
London, EC2Y (WFH – working from home options)
My client is a global, forward-thinking IT services and consulting firm with headquarters in the USA and offices in the UK, Germany, UAE and India. Due to a portfolio of interesting projects, they are looking for an experienced, Senior Infrastructure Architect to join them on a permanent basis.
WFH - Working from home available, immediate start available!
Senior Infrastructure Architect – Duties:
- Working with Programme Managers in helping clients migrate their legacy workloads to the cloud
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions
- Architecting, developing and modernizing customer applications/systems to be cloud optimized
- Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Advising and implementing best practices.
- Agile software development and DevOps experience
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
Senior Infrastructure Architect – Requirements:
- Overall 15+ years of experience
- 2+ years of hands-on technical experience with mainframe, non-x86 legacy systems and with technologies such as COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 for z/OS, Assembler, PL/I, Java, Rexx, flat/sequential files, GDGs, and VSAM.
- 2+ years of experience migrating Unix, Linux and Windows workloads to AWS
- 7+ years of experience designing architectures for secure enterprise systems.
- 7+ years of experience designing and deploying software and middleware solutions used in global enterprises.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical lead role migrating workloads from mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems to distributed x86 infrastructures in the Cloud;
- 2+ years of experience integrating mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems with distributed Linux-based or Windows-based x86 servers.
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure as Code solutions like Terraform
- Experience with analysing on-premises mainframe, Unix, Linux and Windows applications and data stores to formulate plans for modernizing workloads that achieve customer’s desired business outcomes.
- Experience with tools and methodologies used to migrate mainframe workloads via hardware/middleware emulation, automated code conversion, and re-platforming
- Experience with proprietary legacy data store migration to relational databases.
Nice to Have – Senior Infrastructure Architect:
- Work experience in Banking, Capital Markets, Payments, Insurance, or other segments within the Financial Services Industry.
- Knowledge of one or more Financial Services domains such as Payment processing, Core Banking, Core Insurance, Front and Middle Office Trading, Enterprise Risk Management, and Anti Financial Crime.
In return, my client offers an exceptional opportunity with a generous basic salary and benefits package, to be part of a growing, global and forward-thinking IT services and consultancy. Working from home (WFH) is possible with this role and an immediate start is available. Sound interesting and something you would love to be part of? Apply today!
Integral Recruitment as acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy.