1st Line Support Engineer
£18,000 - £22,000 DOE plus excellent benefits including training and funding for Microsoft certifications
Keywords; Service Desk, ServiceDesk, helpdesk, IT support, IT engineer, 1st line, 2nd line, MSP, Microsoft Certifications, Cloud, Office 365, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Windows 10, Laptops and PC’s, TCP/IP.
My client is a successful, growing IT Support company (MSP – managed services provider) based in Crawley. Due to expansion, they are looking for a 1st Line Support Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will already have gained some experience in a Service Desk / IT Support environment and will be looking to progress their career in a fantastic organisation. The role offers excellent exposure to cutting-edge technology as well as funding for Microsoft Certifications and other industry qualifications every 3 months.
The 1st Line Support Duties:
- The 1st Line Support Engineer will work closely with other team members to deliver an outstanding level of service to our customers.
- You will manage effective resolution of support issues that are reported to the helpdesk in an efficient manner.
- The companies’ vision is to nurture a team of ambitious, disciplined and inspiring people dedicated to building a world class company and sharing in its continuing success.
On a daily basis, the 1st Line Support Engineer Would;
- Answer the telephone and logging calls.
- Provide 1st line technical troubleshooting steps and clear notes before escalating to senior engineers.
- Ensure that documentation and tickets notes are kept up to date.
- Communicate effectively with customers, team members and third parties.
Over to you! Our 1st Line Support Engineer Candidate Will Have:
- The Ability to deal with problems and technical issues in a friendly, calm and reassuring manner
- An excellent attitude and a strong phone etiquette
- Tenacity and dedication to pursue an issue from beginning to end
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and escalate accordingly
- A passion for IT and technology, and a drive to help customers take advantage of a new solution
- A natural interest in IT with a desire to stay abreast of new technologies
Technical Skills Required:
- Knowledge of Windows 10
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Experience of building Windows Laptops and PCs
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting PC and Laptop performance issues
- Basic Windows Server administration
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Understanding VOIP technologies
In return, my client offers the chance to develop your career whilst gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies, in a working environment which is second to none, for an organisation that puts its employees first; offering benefits including payment and support for Microsoft Certifications and other industry recognised qualifications.
Sound interesting and something you would love to be part of? Apply today!
Integral Recruitment is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy.